As it's summer at the moment (I know, how good has the weather been lately?) and pretty hot we decided to go for a lemon and thyme sausage and lots of summery, seasonal veg. This dish is right up my street as you only have to put everything into a baking tray and let it do its thing while you get on with life.
Instead of baking the whole thing in the oven you can also take all your ingredients to a barbecue. Cook the veg and marinade in tin foil over the fire and barbecue your sausages as you usually would.
- 6 sausages of your choice
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, cut into strips
- 2 celery sticks, cut into bite-size chunks
- celery leaves (only a few), finely chopped
- handful of cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2-3 medium size potatoes, par boiled and cut into chunks
- olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamico
- 1tbsp Worcester Sauce
- pinch of brown sugar
- Italian herbs
- salt and plenty of black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190˚C.
- Mix a generous amount of olive oil, the balsamico, Worcester Sauce, sugar, Italian herbs and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chopped vegetables to the marinade and combine until well coated.
- Now place all the vegetables in a baking tray and top with the sausages. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes, turning the sausages half way through.
Best with a green salad and ice cold lager on the side.