There's been plenty of plumbing going on (most of it DIY) and I am so grateful for a hands-on boyfriend who can get his head around pretty much anything. We are about to order our first dishwasher and I have never been so excited about a kitchen gadget.
In the meantime I am trying to keep the washing up to a minimum and am loving one tray bakes. I also stumbled upon Martha Stewart's one pot pasta dish and will definitely give this a go soon. If it's a success I will certainly be sharing :)
This one-tray chicken and veggie bake is one of my favourite meals to prepare. It's tasty, seasonal, super easy and fairly quick. Also the leftovers work nicely as a salad the next day.
PS This recipe is pretty similar and just as yummy: Sausage and Veg Bake
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 aubergine, cut into cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into batons
- 2 celery sticks, cut into batons and leaves finely chopped
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- a handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 4-5 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed
- 1tsp dried chilli flakes
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp honey
- sea salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190˚C.
- Place all the veg into a large baking tray, drizzle with the olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper. Toss everything using your hands. Sprinkle everything with the thyme leaves and chilli flakes.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Take out, stir the veg, then top with the chicken. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle with the honey.
- Put back in the oven and cook for a further 25-30 minutes.