I was recently nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Christina at Greekcooking-Funsharing, and feel incredibly honoured. So here it goes, 11 random facts about myself, 11 bloggers I love and 11 questions for them to answer.
1 1 R A N D O M F A C T S
- Coriander is the only food/herb I hate and refuse to eat.
- My favourite meal is ribeye steak and chips (medium-rare please!)
- My favourite drink is a Gin & Tonic... every time.
- I have a serious phobia of birds... pigeons in particular....yuk.
(doesn't help that they love smashing into our balcony window)
- I have a soft spot for minimal Scandinavian, Bauhaus and 60s interiors.
- I have the worst orientation ever. Don't ask me where I'm going, because I don't know.
- I love Mumford and Sons (there's a whole lot of people who will hate me now)
- When I'm angry or excited a German accent seems to sneak in.
- I am currently obsessed with monochrome designs.
- My favourite flowers are peonies, yet I've never bought any.
- I am always right... yep, fact. (others might call it bossy ;)
- Where were you born and where do you live today? I was born in the South of Germany and now live in London
- What is your favourite cuisine? Currently it has to be middle-eastern, but that will probably change when I discover something new.
- Do you believe in zodiac signs? What is yours? I don't really believe in zodiac signs although I do enjoy reading my horoscope in the paper. I am a Libra.
- What is the urge that makes you cook something in the first place? When I cook I relax, I love experimenting and the feeling of a successful meal.
- Do you dare try something different than your culinary spectrum? Yes, I am always up for trying new things and will give anything a go.
- How many hours per week do you spend blogging?
Too few. This really varies as I don't have a schedule, sometimes I post four times a week and sometimes nothing for a month. One of my aims is to make blogging a more regular occurrence.
- Do you believe we actually shouldn't be eating any meat at all? No. I believe in a balanced diet and think meat and fish are part of this. Also my favourite meal ever is steak and chips so I would be lost without meat.
- Are restaurants your favourite place to meet with friends? I really enjoy going to restaurants and gastro pubs with friends but wouldn't necessarily say they are my favourite place to meet up. Always depends on the friend, day and situation.
- What is your hobby (except cooking)?
Eating :) Although being a Graphic Designer is my job I would also consider it being one of my main hobbies. I am a bit of a typography geek.
- Who is your favourite actor or actress and in which film? I currently have a bit of a crush on Ryan Gosling and love him in Gangster Squad.
- Do you believe that we eat to live or that we live to eat? This question is difficult and while naturally we eat to live I think food should be enjoyable, healthy and delicious and therefore we should put enough effort into it that it's worth living for the food we eat.
- Nicole at www.chestnutorange.blogspot.co.uk
- Jen at www.two-add-two.blogspot.co.uk
- Nicole at www.lifeonmyfeet.com
- Charlotte at www.midnightcaramel.com
- Gorana at www.ergothek.blogspot.com
- Deanna at www.curlyadventures.blogspot.co.uk
- Kate at www.goodnightprudence.blogspot.co.uk
- Brighid at www.postpositions.blogspot.co.uk
- Nikki at www.jewellerymakingblog.blogspot.co.uk
- Meg at www.milesfromordinary.com
- Emily at www.hungrydelights.com
1 1 Q U E S T I O N S for the A U T H O R S
- Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream?
- Elvis Presley or Johnny Cash?
- Photography or Illustrations?
- Cookies or Cake?
- Vintage or futuristic?
- Beach or skiing holiday?
- City or country?
- Comedy or horror?
- Lark or Owl? (Early Bird or Owl?)
- Your five perfect dinner party guests?
- The one thing that makes you happiest?