Who loves smoothies?!?! Well who doesn't, ey?
My friend Irene and I once came up with this amazingly brilliant diet where for seven days we would only consume fruit and veg - nothing else, no dressings or sugar or salt... We went out, bought a blender and vast amounts of fruits and vegetables and started the day with a strawberry and banana smoothie. Now that smoothie went down a treat and we thought yeah we can do this.
Oh who were we kidding, we lasted a whole five hours before we were plagued with the worst headaches and ended up devouring a giant portion of pasta. The tradition stuck though and throughout the whole time we lived together we met up for breakfast almost every day and had lots of yummy smoothie concoctions.
Now lets take the whole smoothie business to a different level and battle this hot weather with a fruity frappé. Yup a frappé that will make any Starbucks retreat in shame ;)
MAKES 2 GLASSES
PREPARTION 10mins (+ time to make the ice cubes)
BLENDS IN 3mins
- 2 nectarines, stones removed and roughly chopped into bite size bits
- 200g strawberrys, trimmed and halved
- 2 glasses full of coconut milk ice cubes (approximately 1 trays worth) use the glasses you plan to drink from later
- 2tbsps honey or agave syrup (depending on how sweet your fruit are)
- 4tbsps coconut milk
- To make the coconut ice cubes fill an ice cube tray with coconut milk (we uses KOKO Dairy Free which is my absolute go to dairy alternative) and freeze for about 6 hours until you have ice cubes
- In a blender add all ingredients and blend until the ice cubes have turned to ice slush and everything is well combined. Pour into glasses and enjoy. What more do you want - cold, sweet, healthy and so, so yum.