When we were little Sunday breakfasts always included soft-boiled eggs (and many, many other delicious things). My brother and I would end up making egg scramble, which involved plopping two soft boiled eggs into a dessert bowl and chopping and stirring and chopping some more until we ended up with a bowl full of egg that could be eaten with a spoon. Yes we like eating things with spoons - pasta, risotto, egg scramble...
Although it looks a bit like an egg massacre it is delicious in it's own way and doesn't taste anything like scrambled eggs. Add sea salt and pepper and you have yourself a yummy breakfast.
Now the other weekend I thought I'd introduce horseradish cream to egg scramble and I think they liked each other - quite a lot. Topped with some sweet cherry tomatoes and you have yourself a winner breakfast.
- 4 large soft boiled eggs (I used Delia's soft boiled egg method 2)
- 4-5tsps horseradish cream
- 1tbsp greek yoghurt
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of grilled sourdough bread
- olive oil
- a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- Peel the eggs and place into a large bowl, using a spoon chop them into bits and stir until smooth. Add the horseradish and yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
- Place your sourdough under the grill and cook until golden and crispy.
- Drizzle the bread with a little olive oil, top with the horseradish eggs, spring onion and the cherry tomatoes.
- Season everything with a bit more salt and pepper and you're done.