I have no clue why I haven't posted this before and have about three drafts of a variation of this salad sitting in my posts folder. But hey-ho, here we are two years and about 50 thai turkey salads later and you finally get to try it.
- 500g minced turkey, at room temperature (use breast for a healthier option. We usually go for the brown meat mince which is more flavoursome)
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- small bunch of thai basil, chopped
- 2 tbsps chunky peanut butter
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar (or use 2tsps of brown sugar)
- juice of 2 limes
- 50g green beans, trimmed, quickly blanched and cut into bite size bits
- 3tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into battons
- 1 little gem
- 100g rice noodles, cooked to instructions and cooled down in some iced water
- Sreracha, crushed peanuts and lime wedges to serve
- 1 spring onion, sliced, to serve
- Rapeseed oil
- Heat approximately one tablespoon of rapeseed oil in a wok. Once hot add the onion and chilli and sautée until they start to soften.
- Remove from the wok, add a little more oil then add the turkey mince bit by bit and fry until starting to brown. Mix in the onions, chilli, basil, fish sauce, palm sugar, lime juice, soy sauce and green beans. Stir until all is well incorporated and cook for a few more minutes until the meat is cooked through. Taste and season a bit more if necessary.
- Place the lettuce leaves into bowls, top with the noodles and drizzle with a little soy sauce. Top with the mince and cucumbers. Drizzle with a little sreracha crushed peanuts and spring onions.