But then I remind myself that cooking is what I do (apart from designing), cooking is what I love doing and that I need to make that little bit of an effort again.
So here is an easy one... I mean super-duper easy. It is just as tasty and the perfect winter warmer dish. You can use any veggies you have in your store cupboard, it's a great way to use anything up that needs to be eaten. The ingredients below are what I used for our meal.
Hope you enjoy.
- 2 potatoes, scrubbed and diced into 2cm chunks
- 1 beetroot, scrubbed and diced into 2cm chunks
- 4 carrots, scrubbed and sliced into battons
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2tsp Caribbean curry powder
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 4 eggs, soft boiled and peeled (the perfect soft boiled egg here)
- lime pickle to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 190˚C.
- Place all your veggies into a large baking tray. Drizzle the oil over the veggies, sprinkle the curry powder over it and season generously with salt and pepper. Use your hands or a large spoon to mix up the ingredients until all vegetables are well coated in the spices and oil.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes, tossing the veg half way through.
- Serve with the soft boiled eggs and tangy lime or mango pickle on the side. Oh and if you need something to cool down add a dollop of natural yoghurt and of course an ice cold glass of beer.